SEO MARKETING SPECIALIST
Make a difference for people, place, and planet.
Adventure Tourism—Where Nature, Outdoor Recreation, and Cultural Heritage Meet.
River Rafting, Bike Tours, Ziplining, Trekking, Adventure Resorts, Guest Ranches and Outdoor Towns!
Our clients run adventure travel businesses across the USA and around the world. We help them find and keep wonderful customers—while supporting the stewardship of people, place, and planet.
We’re hiring an experienced SEO Specialist (minimum 4 years of experience) to focus on billable client SEO work including technical SEO, on- page optimization content writing and updates, and strategic link building to achieve client search engine placement goals.
Liquid Spark is a specialized, intimate agency—a team of 13 people and counting – with a flexible, entrepreneurial work environment, rad benefits not found in agencies our size, no stuffy hierarchies, and career advancement as big as your vision. If you want to drive to an impressive agency office building, or just to keep your head down and be a task doer, we are not for you.
A benefit of our size is that we reward entrepreneurial people who take initiative—we want you to propose (and execute) the smart ideas your past boss or colleagues kept ignoring. You’ll be working with senior management and owners at passionate client adventure companies, not locked in a cubicle with no client contact.
We’re a 100% remote team based across the USA. One of our digital nomads currently works from Europe. Our original headquarters, back in the pre-covid office days, is in Bryson City, NC, in the Smoky Mountains, where the company was founded.
We’re proud to be a One Percent for the Planet company. Our mission is to create practical marketing that inspires adventure, action, and stewardship of people, place, and planet.
SEO Marketing Specialist: Contractor Position – 1099
The Liquid Spark SEO Specialist leads search engine optimization strategies and implementation to deliver improved organic search placement results that achieve client marketing goals. Your work will support client success, client engagement growth, and agency success. We will count on you to bring new insights and new initiative ideas to the table as part of our agency team.
Skills & Qualifications
- Assess and recommend changes to website architecture, content, linking and other factors to improve SEO positions for target keywords/ keyword themes.
- Optimize copy and landing pages and blog posts to increase organic search engine ranking results for client websites, including writing new or editing/updating content, metas, Htags, etc.
- Work with marketing teams to support strong SEO in content creation and content marketing.
- Research new trends and tools in search engine optimization to share with marketing team.
- Assess, develop and implement link building strategy, where relevant.
- Perform ongoing keyword research including discovery and expansion of keyword opportunities to improve website rankings.
- Monitor and report on SEO performance metrics with SEO tools such as Google analytics, GSC, WebCEO, Moz, SEMRush, etc.
- Lead SEO strategy and implementation on website design and development projects, collaborating closely with the design & development and copywriting team. Ensure that SEO best practices are “baked into” all website new builds and redesigns.
- Supports internal agency marketing with periodic blog research and writing on SEO topics.
- Supports agency business development with research, review, and SEO ideas for sales proposals.
- Conducts SEO audits for clients and provides a summarized recommendation of the top action items to achieve their business goals and/or errors/gaps with client’s digital properties.
- Leads proactive SEO strategy for full service clients. This includes monthly improvement recommendations to the internal team to better meet client’s business goals, developing prioritized tasks or mini-projects to act on those recommendations, and leading relevant tasks or delegating to the internal team as appropriate.
Pay & Perks
Compensation: Hourly rate based on experience
Perks: Flexible hours, awesome adventure tourism clients, access to marketing training resources, plus discounts on our clients’ services and products.
This is a remote 1099 contractor position at up to 15-20 hours/week. This position has the ability to develop into a full-time position with amazing benefits for a small, specialty marketing agency. SEP IRA plan, technology stipend, paid vacation, flexible unpaid leave for cool trips, and always remote locations. Ability to work in different time zones, as long as we can sync up tin schedules that facilitate team work and responsiveness. Work/life balance, a family-focused culture, sustainability in all things, and time to adventure are important Liquid Spark values.
Kids – did we mention kids? The owner and founder started the company as a single mom of two very active little boys (now grown). We LOVE kids and understand how to support moms and dads (and aunties and uncles) making work and life actually work together. (Seems crazy to even have to write that, but the owner spent too many years in the corporate world where it just wasn’t so!)
Ready to Apply?
Please fill out our application form, and send us your resume, cover letter, and a short video. In your video please answer: Why do you want to work with us? Why should we want to work with you? Short is good. Simple smartphone video is fine. When you apply, tell us about a favorite outdoor adventure and include links to your social media footprint.